The Mill River Recluse - Darcie Chan This was just ok. It kind of read like a Nora Roberts book.All these little stories and side bars wrapped up into the bigger picture. I was able to connect with a lot of the characters, but there seem to be a LOT of the daily nuances and routines with the most "modern times." I don't need to hear about you washing dishes, counting calories, or making the same dinner again and again.The flashbacks, oh man I wanted to kill you know who. I did not like reading about Monarch being abused. But I'm glad he ended up being ok. And why wouldn't Mary just go see someone about her anxiety? Or at least have someone else come speak with her about? I'm sure that Michael could've found someone much more educated in that profession, especially later on in her life.It was a sad tale in the beginning and even near the end. The "twist" at the end wasn't a real gasp out loud kind of twist, but it did make the story that much more believable. Bottom line: Decent story for 99 cents. Thanks Kindle!