Life After Life - Kate Atkinson This was just ok for me. It was really, really long. There were times in the book where I felt like she could've just wrapped it up. In the beginning and the end, there were quick, short chapters and little segments that had me turning the pages fast. Then the whole chunk of the middle was so excoriatingly long and wordy. I wanted more from this book. Someone recommended it to me, who I usually get awesome recommendations from. This one just didn't do it for me. I felt like I missed a lot of what was going on, because I didn't know German. The author flips back and forth between the two languages and doesn't explain what was just said.The way that the author would sometimes open up a new segment and/or chapter in the middle of something that the reader knew NOTHING about also aggravated me. And then you would turn back the page you were just reading, skim through it, thinking..."wait who is this? what just happened?" but then continue on forward with the next part, read about 2 to 3 pages and then the explanation would come about. Very confusing to me.I'm still confused by the ending...